bloggin' all things brownsville

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Imagine Brownsville Public Workshop Wednesday


City of Brownsville and the Imagine Brownsville Task Force cordially invites all to attend, input and participate at the next Imagine Brownsville Comprehensive Plan Public Workshop.

Wednesday, May 14 – 6 p.m. at Brownsville Events Center

Purpose of the community workshop is three-fold:

a) Inform the community what has been developed so far with the comprehensive plan;

b) Initiate the land use design elements of the plan and review scenarios that provide the physical foundation for the development of our strategies; and,

c) Kickoff the strategy development phase relative to the objectives we’ve developed.

There will be more information forthcoming about the workshop and other news as we move closer to the May 14 workshop date.

Come share your thoughts and ideas. We are prepared to listen.

Brownsville Events Center
1 Events Center Blvd (Off of Paredes Line)
Brownsville, TX 78526
Ph: 956.554.0700

For more information, please contact the office of Planning and Community Development for the city of Brownsville at 956.548.6150.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go to the forum, Melissa?

Patricia A.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Melissa Zamora said...

Hi Patricia,

Yes, I did attend, but I was unable to stay for the entire workshop -- grocery shopping, dinner, etc.

I will be requesting the entire presentation via e-mail from Brian Godinez, which I plan to post.

The turnout was amazing. They kept having to bring out more chairs.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008  
Blogger The Merovingian said...

I was there for the whole enchilada.

M.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa, did you notice if they were taping the workshop for Channel 12?

Patricia A.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mero- Did the enchilada leave a bad taste in your mouth? What are your thoughts on some areas of the plan? Johnny Chingas

Thursday, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Melissa Zamora said...

Hey, Mero. It was good to see ya.

Patricia, yes, it was taped.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  
Blogger The Merovingian said...

To Johnny Chingas

I was overall impressed with what I saw, but I wanted to see more presented in public about the other parts of the plan. Urban planning is so 1960's. Also a plan is only a good plan if it is followed.

Maybe we could get the Pope to make it a mortal sin not to follow the plan.

It was fine, as far as it went, but what was covered was only 3 or four poster-boards worth from a wall full of them.

What I wanted to see were poverty cycle breaking, wealth building, education acountability, etc...

Quality of Life issues. That was what I wanted to see.

I'm not worried about me, I'll do fine no matter what history throws my way. I am more concerned with those who are not as fortunate nor educated as I am. Maybe they thought that was too esoteric for an open public audience, I don't know for sure.

In summation, I know more than I did, but not as much as I would have liked.

Overall, I'll give it 3 1/2 stars.

M.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home