bloggin' all things brownsville

Friday, May 23, 2008

On the Texas Borderline, A Solid, if Invisible, Wall


A fantastic piece was published in today’s Washington Post. Its author, Michelle Garcia, is a South Texas native, and I feel those roots are what made her writing true to what many of us here feel about the border wall debate.

I encourage you to read it. Love it or hate it, please take the time to provide Garcia with some feedback through the essay’s comments section.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Essay
On the Texas Borderline, A Solid, if Invisible, Wall

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work with a childhood friend of mine. He is a staunch Republican and i am a recovering Democrat. We have for years had a great on-going discussion about our social and political beliefs. Lately his arguments have taken on an air of desperation. He parrots all the Tancredo and Lou Dobbs arguments against the Mexicans and their impact, negative only, on the US economy and social fabric. He has no answer for me when i ask him when his family came from Ireland because my great grandfather was born in 1830 in what was then Mexico what is today Brownsville. I find insulting that a group of people who's roots are not as deep as mine try and tell me that i am
unAmerican because of the number of vowels in my last name.
Juan O'Leary

Sunday, May 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home